Why Do You Need A Migration Agent?
Traveling to a foreign country requires extensive preparations from the traveler’s part. These preparations include financial support and managing on how to claim a valid passport. And here’s how migration agents comes into play, as their role is to help individual complies and understand with the legal requirements and procedures in the process of migration. Furthermore, migration laws and regulations have changed quite frequently. A professional migration agent can help you understand your needs and can give the best advise forward for you.
Problems of an unregistered agent
This whole journey of immigration proves to be wonderful for some whereas for some it turns out to be a living example of a nightmare. There have been various instances where people have been duped by people ‘pretending’ to be registered agents. Often these tricksters take the advantage of the needs of the innocent people. In one such recent case, students interested in moving to Australia for studies were charged up to $20,000 for education and work experience certificates which later turned out to be fake.
To prevent recurrence of such cases, governments of various countries have been getting strict in compliance of the immigration laws. Today Australia and New Zealand are some of the places to have the stern measures taken to curb immigration fraud. It is in this respect that a body called Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority has been formed in Australia, according to which every person or agency proposing to offer immigration services need to get themselves registered here, so as to carry out their work failing which they can get up to a penalty of a ten-year imprisonment.
Measures to avoid Immigration Fraud
While hiring an immigration agent, always take care:
- to research background of the services provided by him,
- to check the cost of his services. While each professional charges his fees depending upon his experience and standing in industry, cross check the fees so that he does not charge exorbitant fees.
- Beware of agents who promise moon, or make promises which appear too good to be true
- Make sure to check that he is registered with the bodies accountable for providing registration to agents.
- Beware of agents who promise to assist you in making of any fake documents for your immigration.
- Beware of agents who tend of boast of their “contacts” with any embassy.
- Obtain full receipt of the money paid to such agent.
Looking for the best migration agent in Central Coast Region NSW that can help you migrate to Sydney? Contact Hub Migration today!